Justine here, bringing you my very first Youtube Video for the Create a Smile Design Team :) I am so honoured to be a part of the team!
The idea behind is quite odd - most of my cards start off with an absurd idea. I teach English in Germany and I was teaching my students the song "There's a Hole in the Bottom of the Sea" and when I arrived home my Underwater Love Stamp had arrived and thus a card was born.
For a full tutorial, I have the video here:
- Create a top folding card by cutting a piece of 8 1/2 x 5.5 piece of cardstock and folding in half at 4 1/4 inches.
- Using watercolour paper, saturate the paper with water. Go back and forth with the brush using different shades of blue dye ink. Add some waves with your brush. Blot with paper towel.
- Stamp Wild Waters onto a piece of vellum. Cover with white embossing powder. Heat.
- Attach your vellum to the watercolour and cut a circle into the front of your card through all the layers.
- Using a pencil, trace the hole onto the inside of the card, stamp the octopus and watercolour. Add the bubbles.
- Create a banner and stamp the sentiment. Attach to the card. Erase pencil marks - Voila!
- When embossing on vellum, make sure your craft heater is fully heated by letting it run for a minute or so. This will help avoid warping the vellum.
- When stamping with versamark, and areas are missing, fill them in with a versamark pen!
Did you know our stencils are back in stock? Also don't forget to enter your own Create A Smile projects into our side bar for a chance to win some goodies!
I'm so excited to be a part of the Design Team. If you're interested in more of my creations, check out my blog and Youtube Channel :)