Friday, April 17, 2015

A Watercolor Thank You Card

Hello everyone!
I am so happy you decided to swing by and see what's happening on the Create a Smile blog today!
Samantha here, and I'm going to share a watercolored thank you card with you all today!



This card is both, not my usual style and very me...how is that possible, right?! Well, I don't usually do flowers. I LOOOOOOVE flowers and seeing other people create with them, but I usually don't make many floral cards on my own.
But I do love watercolor and embossing paste and splatters...so yeah - see? It's an anomaly! Ha!



Do you ever make cards like that? Cards that are your usual style, and at the same time, they're not?


This is a fun card to make!

- On a white card front, use a palette knife to smear on the embossing paste over the stencil and set aside to dry.
- Heat emboss the leaves and flower in white onto some watercolor paper.
- Use any watercolors you have to and have fun! I used my distress markers, but literally any watercolors will achieve the same/similar look! :)
-  Once dry, fussy cut out, attach foam tape to the images and adhere to the stenciled background.
- I used a pencil to help curl the tips of the petals and add some more dimension! You didn't see that coming did you? Ha!
- Lastly, I used some alpha stickers to form the sentiment and splattered on drops of black mist.


I used the SUPER popular Botanical Love and Waves Stencil for the background! And guess what? Stencils are BACK IN STOCK!!!


With a little time (but not too much!) you can create a fun, unique and pretty card set for a lovely gift! I can just imagine all of the beautiful color combinations on that flower! So pretty!
Also - to cut down on the height for mailing, you can adhere the flower directly to the wavey background!


Did you know that Create a Smile stamps ships worldwide? Do you have questions about that, or are you hesitant to order because you have never ordered from Germany? Honestly, don't be! It's SO easy! Any answers to questions you may have can be found here


Thank you SO much for stopping by and spending a little bit of your day with me! :D
~Samantha


3 comments: