Wednesday, July 8, 2020

You're SEW Sweet!

Happy Wednesday and welcome back! It's Laurie with you today sharing a card made using a couple of the latest stamp sets to hit the shop!


The idea for this card jumped out at me while looking at the button shaped flower from the Sewing Stamp Set. I thought "let's make an actual flower from this stamp"! 

I stamped out my little scene using the Sewing Stamp Set along with the new Solid Florals Stamp Set. These two sets work perfectly together especially for this idea! I used an ink specifically for no-line colouring but any light ink will work...if you're using pencils.


I chose a selection of pencils and started to colour. I will admit that as I started on the button flowers, I was less than impressed with my skills. But I persevered!


As you can see, I really have no real details here. But that's okay! You'll see how I fixed that! I wanted to add some colour to the background so I cut masks for the buttons and placed them overtop.


The bottom didn't require masks as I was blending green anyway.  I took a light blue ink and a blending brush and added a "sky".


I trimmed all around this panel. In the end, it measures about 3 X 4.25 inches. Now, for the sentiment.  I went through my stash to find a suitable sentiment. In the end, I created my own which is one of my favourite things to do especially when you have an amazing alphabet die set! In this case, I used the Cherry Lowercase Cool Cuts.


I cut the word "sew", then selectively stamped "you're and sweet" from the A Little Treat Stamp Set. You can also now see all the stitching details I added with a white gel pen. Maybe a little overboard but it sure jazzed things up! I cut 3 sets of letters for added dimension then glued them to the panel.

Before placing the panel onto a white card base, I took the same images and stamped with a light grey ink. This gives the look of a subtle patterned paper. Again, another fave technique!


I foam mounted the panel and called this card finished. I did play around with sequins and such, but in the end decided against it.


Solid image stamps, especially smaller ones are so great for techniques. From making your own patterned paper to no-line colouring to watercolour stamping. Play around and you'll discover so many possibilities!

A Little Treat
Sewing
Solid Florals







Don't forget about your smaller stamp sets! They are always full of amazing designs either to fill up some space or create entire focal images!

Thanks so much for stopping in! See you soon!

Laurie


































No comments:

Post a Comment