Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Splotchy Octopus

Hey stampers, Anni here!

Today I have a card for you where I have combined some older stamps with a brand new stencil.





Lately I tend to stamp the whole set and colour all the images when I got a little bit of time on my hands. Some weeks ago I showed you a card with the narwhals from this cute set Underwaterlove. For this card I used another image from this set.





  • When you create your own background it is easy to match the colours. Sometimes I start with the images, sometimes with the background. It depends on my mood and in which medium I have the biggest variety of colours.
  • Here I coloured the images first (with coloured pencils) and then created the background. 
  • For the colours of the background I try to choose some that are not the main colours of the focal image. In my opinion you get better contrast and less tone in tone.


Show us your art work: Use #createasmilestamps when you're posting on Instagram!




      

No comments:

Post a Comment