Saturday, March 28, 2020

Dumbo Inspired Card!

Hi there!
Samantha here, and today I'm sharing a card inspired by the movie Dumbo!

 


     

Full disclosure, Dumbo is not my favorite Disney movie. I have nostalgic feelings for it because I watched it as a kid, but it's not the best (in my opinion!! lol!), but I do think Dumbo is ADORABLE and the message is still great: embrace you, and soar! 


Let's make this card together!

- I started by stamping and coloring the images with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers! Once everything was dry, I fussy cut them out!
- then I used Distress Oxide Inks to ink blend a little sky in the background! I used Wilted Violet, Blueprint Sketch and Peacock Feathers!
- then I used some white embossing paste and the new Clouds Pattern stencil to add the texture to the background!


- I stamped part of the sentiment with the block-y letters directly onto the card front

- the 'soar' and Dumbo and the feather were popped up with foam tape! 


Fun fact! I originally stamped the 'soar' part of the sentiment directly on the card...but I spelled it wrong!! ha!! doh! So, then I stamped it on the black cardstock, heat embossed, fussy cut it out and then popped it up! It was the perfect cover up! 


I used the adorable elephant from First Day of School, the feather from Quill & Ink, the clouds are the new Cloud Pattern Stencil, and the sentiment was created with Clear Letters and Lettering Alphas! Oh, and that little hat is from Cool Buddies! ha!

    

There is ALWAYS a fun challenge going on in the Create a Smile Stamp Facebook group page! It's fun and filled with prizes! I love seeing all of the incredible, unique and amazing inspiration!
~Samantha

     
      

   

1 comment: