Thursday, October 18, 2018

pastel fall card * time lapse video

Hello crafty friends, Nicole here.

Today I have a pastel fall card for you and a time lapse video of my cardmaking process.




I love fall and it's typical fall colors but I also love pastel colors. That's how the idea of making a pastel fall card came up. I also struggle including green in my cards. If it's not grass or leaves, I have a hard time finding colors that go along well and/or I like, so I challenged myself to use green as a focal color.




  • stamp, color and fussy cut your frog and some leaves
  • mask off the sky and ink blend the ground. I used a light brown Distess Ink
  • mask off your ground and ink blend the sky. I did not spread my blue color evenly because I wanted to create the illusion of soft clouds.
  • die cut your panel with a scalloped rectangle die
  • stamp the greeting
  • adhere the frog and the leaves with glue and/or foam tape (I used both)
  • (optional) draw some lines and tiny dotts with a black pen to make it look like wind


In the video you can see some of my creative process. I thought about using a stencil and tried out a background stamp, I search for a nice color combo for my background, I go through my stash of sentimens and I try several positions for the little leaves as well. 




  • I used three leaves because odd numbers are pleasing to the eye
  • Ink blending a sky does not always have to be one flawless blue panel. Sometimes, a more "messy" or uneven ink blending adds some interest to the sky.
  • adding small hand drawn details can spice up your clean and simple card. Practice on a scrap piece of paper or use a pencil first (if you're scared to ruin your card by drawing on it).





 






We're on Instagram @createasmilestamps and we LOVE to see what you create!! Share your cards, paper creations or hauls using the hashtag #createasmilestamps 😀😀😀

Check out DT member Kerstin's last card. It's very similar to mine (we did not plan this 😉) but still different. The colors are more vibrant and she picked die cut leaves and painted a soft watercolor background.

We would love to see you're fall cards using Create A Smile stamps and dies! Play along our fun challenge! One lucky winner will get a gift card to the store!


Thanks for stopping by!
Have a wonderful day,
Nicole

1 comment: