Besides all the christmas cards, I needed a baby card for a family that just got their third child.
I wanted to create a baby card for a boy but not with the typical baby-boy-blue. Because little Mael was born in December, I thought stars would be nice. And I wanted to personalize the card with the unique alphabet. To add some cuteness, I colored this super adorable snail, one of my favorite critters by Create A Smile.
- create the background by using a stencil and some Distress Oxide Inks and an ink blending tool. I used "fossilized amber" and "spiced marmelade". Die cut the panel with the stitched frame die.
- Create the gras by tearing some green paper and die cut it with the same stitched frame die to make it match your panel. Glue it to your panel.
- stamp, color and fussy cut the snail. I used colored pencils.
- stamp the letters and fussy cut them.
- stamp the "welcome" and the stars
- adhere the snail and the letters with some foam tape
- add "pale gold" Nuvo Crystal Drops to the panel and some Glossy Accents on the heart
- to make your snail extra cute and fun, add a googly eye ;-)
Mixing looks like the clean geometric alphabet and the cute and playful snail can create a completely new look.
Personalizing a baby card by adding the new borns name is always a good idea. :-) It makes your handmade creation even more thoughtful and unique.
Lovely critters / welcome baby * Willkommen Baby / Crystal letters upper / Double stitched rectangle
Do you need inspiration for your christmas cards? Check out Create A Smiles Instagram account! There are so many fun and elegant creations over there.
Thanks for stopping by!
Have a wonderful day,