Thursday, November 30, 2017

Zimtsterne

Hello crafty friends, Nicole here.

I have a sweet cookie card for you today.



I love baking christmas cookies. There's a traditional one called "cinnamon star", star-shaped cinnamon biscuit with white icing on top. When I saw that new sentiment "do you want to eat cinnamon stars with me?" and the matching cookie stamps, I knew, I had to "bake" a card ;-)

  1. stamp a frame with the stars on craft paper using black ink
  2. stamp your sentiment in the center and cover it with white embossing powder.
  3. Normally, you wouldn't want the embossing powder to stick to something else than your sentiment but here, that's just what I wanted. I left the embossing powder on a part of the star frame and melted it with my heat gun. This made the center shine.
  4. add some brown Distress Ink (a shade darker than your card stock) on the edge of your panel. This helps to make the center shine even more.
  5. stamp tiny stars to fill some gaps and heat emboss them
  6. stamp one single star on some craft paper, add a little Distress Ink on the edges and dry it with a heat tool. Then use a Versafine pen (or a glue pen) to fill in the star with embossing powder. I did two layers of embossing powder to make it look like icing on the cookie.
  7. add some red enamel stickers, just to add a pop of color


Creating frames with the stamps you have is an easy and fun way to make your sentiment the star of the show. You can do this with flowers, hearts, anything you like... :-)

sweets & treats / zum Feste das Beste 


Create A Smile has a huge variety of stamps: funny monsters, elegant ornaments, happy sentiments, super cute critters and much more... Check out the Store and let Santa know your wishlist ;-) One of my favorite stamp sets is BEAR MAIL... it's so cute and you can use it all year through!
Thanks for stopping by! 
Have a happy day,
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment