Friday, November 21, 2014

Distress Inks + Water + Trendy Background Stamp = AWESOME

Hello!!
Samantha here, sharing a fun (and perfectly appropriate!) card and mini-tutorial! It has been FREEZING here in South Carolina! That's a big deal. And I am LOVING IT!! There is nothing I love more than wearing a hoodie, jeans and sandals. That is my happy place!! 


Anyway, keep reading, and find out how I created this super FUN and unique background!


See? This card is SO appropriate, and SO me, right now! LOVE it! :)



I really LOVE the Hypnotize background stamp! And I had this thought that it could be sort of iceburg-ish! :) So I used a bunch of different blues and teals in distress inks and then sprayed with water to create my background!


The penguins are from the Cool Buddies stamp set! They were colored with copics and then popped up onto a strip of vellum.Then I heat embossed the sentiment!

For this mini-tutorial, I am using different colors, but it's all the same steps! :)


To create the background, first I used my Distress Inks and patted each, from lightest to darkest, onto the background stamp. Then placed my watercolor paper directly onto the stamp and rubbed it, making sure to transfer the ink from the entire stamp onto the paper.


Then, I sprayed the watercolor paper with water, and let the Distress Inks do their thing! :)


I am impatient, so I used my heat tool to dry it.


I repeated these steps 3 times. 


Each time the colors would get more intense and blend more!
I think I did this process 3 times before I received my desired look:


See? You can do this background in ANY color palette! Each time you mix up the colors, you get a totally different feel of the card!! The tutorial background (in pinks/oranges and yellows) is SO warm and tropical and summery!! And the card with the penguins, is clearly cool and makes me happy I have heat! :)

 

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome job Samantha!! I will try this technique when my order comes in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! LOVE the card with the penguins! ADORABLE! LOOOVE that you can use any color with this technique;) YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete