Thursday, November 20, 2014

Copic Coloured Chipboard.

Hi!

 I'm here with a fun card today! I wanted to make something easy to create but with interesting details all over.


 






 I wanted to use my chipboard in a fun way that would make it look custom-designed for this particular card.

First I coloured in the penguin-in-the-gift-box from Penguin Party, and die cut the panel out using Lil Inkers stitched rectangle die.



To make it a bit interesting, rather than a simple stamped sentiment.  I took a piece of the 'happy' chipboard and coloured it in in matching copic markers. I added a bit of Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Pen before adhering it to the panel, directly below the penguin, so it looks as though the box is sitting on the word 'happy'.

I stamped 'birthday' from the same stamp set in black ink, selectively masking off the word 'happy'.






To allow your chipboard to dry, after you've coloured in with the copic markers, to make sure the colour doesn't change too much for your design, as the markers dry. Chipboard is a very different medium to paper (especially colic-friendly paper!) so it can soak a lot of the colour up.  A second coat will do the trick if you find too much of the colour disappears.

That's it for me!! I hope you like it! Altered chipboard words can look so lovely with a card--they help make the whole design look finished.

I'll see you again soon!

Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment