Samantha here, and today I'm trying not to get washed away from Hurricane Hermine! Ack! But in the meantime, let's take a gander at my cute little fox card!
I have been missing that Fox image, so I just had to color it up and do some playing! It's the best kind of card making - the fun kind!
So, let's get crafty and make this thing!
- to start, I did lots of watercoloring with my Distress Inks! I used Cracked Pistachio, Twisted Citron, Mermaid Lagoon, Blueprint Sketch and Wilted Violet, but you could use any of your favorite watercolors!
- once the watercolored panel was dry and complete, I die cut the tag shape out! I also cut the tag shape out of a black and white piece of patterned paper to peek out from behind the watercolor-ed one!
- oh! the images! I colored them with Copics and then fussy cut out the clouds and fox and arranged them on my mini tag scene! :)
- I used foam tape to attach the fox, and then heat embossed the sentiment on black cardstock!
- for the background of the card, I used the lightest grey ink I had, and stamped the stars all over the background! Love it!
I could have kept this tag as just that: a tag! But I really wanted to place it on a card and make it pop! The only trouble I have is that sometimes it bothers me when the twine on the tag doesn't fall where I want...so I solved that problem and stapled it! ha! So fun!
Surprisingly, I used a bunch of supplies! I used the clouds from Penguin Party, the fox from Friends in the Woods, the stars are from the Starry Night cling stamp and the sentiment is from Your View. I die cut the tag using Lovely Tags XS die!
Guys - stop what you're doing and submit a card/layout/papercraft project of any kind (as long as it uses Create a Smile Stamps products!) and you could have a chance to be published!! You can read all about the opportunity here!