A friend of mine asked me if I could make gift boxes for teenage boys!! TEENAGE BOYS (insert scream here)! Masculine cards are difficult but things for teenage boys? That's really hard in my opinion!
I looked through my Create a Smile stamps and thought this penguin was perfect for a teenage boy - black and white and no need for anything pink! I made the box, added the penguin and I knew it needed something special! Hmmm, what would a penguin bring as a present? Fish, of course! Even a teeamage boy could not resist a wrapped up fish, could he?
- Die cut the box from patterned paper and put it together
- Color and fuzzy cut the penguin!
- Cut a fish from cardstock and wrap some twine around
- Emboss the sentiment and cut a banner
- Gift boxes are the perfect opportunity to use up your stash of 12 x 12" paper!
- Use cool colors like blue, green and turquoise for teenage boys with a little splash of orange or red!
- You can use the idea of the wrapped up fish for other animals, too: A bone for the dog from Your View, a carrot for a snowman from Cool Buddies and so on
- If you have such a small bow add a little glue to hold it in place
Create a Smile reached 900 likes on Facebook and Christine added another freebie: The cutest Santa ever! Hop over and grab it!
Do you think my boxes are cool enough for teenage boys? What are your tricks for teenage boys? Do you find it as hard as me to craft for them?