It's Samantha, again! And today, I have a totally FUN card to share! :)
We're right in the middle of the month, which means we're still working with the amazing WOW embossing powders!!
For my card, I used the Clear Embossing Powder! And lots of it! :)
Ok, let's dive in!
First, let's talk about that wonky-trapazoid-like shaped white panel...I'm going to break it down in steps:
1) cover the entire panel in versamark ink
2) cover with embossing powder
3) heat set, until it's all melted
4) repeat steps 1-3, at least 2 more times
5) get your background stamp(s) ready on a block
6) one more time, versamark, add powder and heat set your panel. but BEFORE it cools off - stamp your (uninked) background!
7) heat in spots, per your discresion on the panel you want to add the background stamp to
8) let cool
It leaves you with the stamped image deeply embedded in the embossed background! it's awesome!!! To make the snowflakes pop even more, I painted on some of the same mint spray mist around the snowflake, then wiped it off with a wet wipe! The area where it is embossed, rubs right off, leaving your image outlined in a faint color! :)
I must admit, this was an experiment for me! I'm totally going to do this technique again, and when I do, I'm sure I'll refine it a little more! Ha ha!
The rest of the card is pretty easy to tell. The penguins from Cool Buddies were colored with copics and adhered with foam tape. (and my background was made with the Smiling Snowflakes stamp set!)
Let me know what you think of that technique! Maybe try it yourself for the super AWESOME December Guest Designer Search!!