Saturday, June 26, 2021

With Love From Me to You Card

Hi there!
Samantha here, and today I am sharing a happy and tropical, summer friendship card!

     

Create a Smile stamps makes one of a kind floral images and I knew it was time to make a flower-forward card with that new stencil!

Let's make this card together!

- first, I stamped colored all the images with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and then once they were all dry, I fussy cut them out!
- I also splattered some ink color and white acrylic ink on top of the images
- I used Distress Inks in Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn and Pine Needles to do some ink blending from the top left corner down


- I did more splattering, this time with greens and white acrylic ink onto the backgroun
- I used the stencil and the same colors in Distress Inks, but this time with more pressure, to add the leafy background.

- I heat embossed part of the sentiment onto a strip of black cardstock
- then I stamped the large 'you' directly onto my cardfront
- finally, I finished off the card with some clear sequins!


In order to get the leaves close to each other and in different areas, I used some printer paper to cover up the areas/leaves of the stencil, so I didn't add ink to areas I didn't want it!


For the background, I used the new Leafy Stencil! The flowers are from a retired set, but look at these gorgeous alternatives! And the sentiment is from All About You.

    

There is ALWAYS a fun challenge going on in the Create a Smile Stamp Facebook group page! It's fun and filled with prizes! I love seeing all of the incredible, unique and amazing inspiration!
 
~Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment