Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Embossing with Stencils!

 Hello friends and welcome back!! It's Laurie with you today to share a simple card using a cute new stamp and embossing with a stencil!!



I really wanted to try a new technique as well as use this adorable new image!


I started with a panel of 110 lb white cardstock. I have a Sizzix Big Shot so this is the "sandwich" I used starting from the bottom up:
- plate
- rubber embossing mat
- cardstock
- Look Here! embossing folder
- plate

I did crank this through about 3 times to get a good impression. Due to the design of the stencil, I trimmed down the panel to centre it up a little bit. I used one of the Stitched Circle Frame Dies to cut out the inner portion of the stencil to have a place for my focal point.

I coloured up the sweet bunny from the new Gemutlich stamp set and fussy cut it out. Now comes the assembling!


I foam mounted the embossed panel onto a square, kraft card base. When applying the foam adhesive, I made sure to adhere the outer frame of the circle. I used a light blue ink to add colour to the inner circle which I just adhered with liquid glue.

The bunny was adhered using foam adhesive as well. For the sentiment, I used the Cherry Lower Case Alpha dies and used the same green markers I used on the coffee cup. I did stack 3 die cut letter for the dimension.

All that was left to do was add a bit of shimmer with a glitter pen!


This is a super easy technique that opens a door of possibilities with the stencils you have in your stash! I did take me a couple of tries to get the perfect embossing so it may take you a couple times as well. Stick with it!


Sometimes we overlook the possibilities of a simple tool in our stash. Stencils have SO many uses. Do a little research and have a little play...just have fun!!

















No comments:

Post a Comment