Saturday, September 26, 2020

Speedy Get Well Wishes Card

Hi there!
Samantha here, and today I have a card, that's perfect for this upcoming season...flu season! lol!



     

I have been wanting to make more get well cards lately. My grandpa was just recently diagnosed with colon cancer. He's been having chemo and radiation every day, and so I'm making it a priority to send him a card at least once a week!

Let's make this card together!

- first, I colored the images with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and then once it was all dry, I fussy cut out all of the images!
- it actually seems like a lot of little images, but it wasn't hard, most of the images are easy to cut
- then I ink blended the background with Oxide Inks to make the scene!
- I used Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn for the 'grass' and Wilted Violet, Blueprint Sketch and Mermaid Lagoon for the 'sky'



- I splattered the background with water, and also used ink splatters for the grass!
- next, I heat embossed the large sentiment onto vellum with white embossing powder (it involved a little masking, since the sentiment stamp itself is stacked, but it was easy and I love the horizontal look!)
- then, I made the medicines and get well supplies look like they were falling off the car, as it was speeding away! (ha!)
- I also sprinkled in some of the enamel shapes for more color!



I really like the look of a large, scripty phrase on vellum! It adds an almost 'shadow' look!


I used images from Doctor's Helpers, When You're Not Around and Let's Go! The sentiment is from the mini Get Well Soon!

    

There is ALWAYS a fun challenge going on in the Create a Smile Stamp Facebook group page! It's fun and filled with prizes! I love seeing all of the incredible, unique and amazing inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment