This is part six of my clean & simple cardmaking series about "how to spice up clean & simple cards". I hope you're still interested in some more tips :-)
For todays card I picked one of my favorite critters. This turtle with the heart is just so cute.
Clean and simple cards are super fun but because there is so much white (or blank) space on them, you don't want them to be boring, right?! I made a little series about my favorite ways to keep clean and simple cards interesting :-)
My sixth tip is CHARMING CRITTERS. It's a super easy one, right? ;-) Just pick stamps with amazing, sweet, super cute or very funny critters. They'll almost do the work for you, because they're such an eye-catcher.
Just go through your stash and pick those charming looking little sweethearts, give them a ground to stand on and you're almost done.
Here are some cards I made in the past... All of them are quite simple but the star of the show is an adorable critter.
- create a background using the stencil and some Distress Inks. By moving the stencil arround, you get that wavy look.
- die cut the background, stamp the sentiment and adhere the banner to your card using foam tape
- stamp your critter and color it. I used colored pencils.
- fussycut your critter and place it on the background using some foam tape
- add some interest with some clear droplets and a tiny bit on white gel pen
Stamp Set: Lovely Critters
Die: Stacked Pierced Banners
Embellishments: Clear Droplets by Pretty Pink Posh
We LOVE to see what you create! Join us on Instagram using #createasmilestamps :-)
Have a happy day :-)