I'm back with my third clean and simple card for my April series.
I got asked many a time how I make my clean and simple cards. To be honest, I do not have a recipe. It's just the way I love making cards, it's kind of "natural" for me. But I found some guidelines/instructions for you that might help :-)
If you want to make "clean and simple" cards, try to stick to (some) of these points.
- one focal point
- a lot of open space
- only one (or two) layers
- no or minimal embellishements
- minimal color palette
- simple, uncluttered and easy to recreate
If you want to improve your clean and simple cardmaking, try playing along CAS challenges. You'll find many inspiring ideas and get to practice at the same time.
- stamp the flower with an ombre look (I used a MISTI stamping tool and added yellow first and orange last) using dye inks
- color the flower with Distress Inks and a blending tool (I did not mask it off)
- add splatters of white paint
- stamp the greeting
Create A Smile is moving and they are taking a break. The shop will be closeduntil May 7th.
Thanks for stopping by! See you soon :-)