Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Tag ALong

Hey stampers, Anni here!
Today I have a tag and a Father's Day card to show.





I recently discovered a new to me technique called Joseph's coat and I had to try it out.




I created a few colourful backgrounds on tags by experimenting with my Distress Oxide Inks.
When the background was totally dry I stamped images and sentiments with Versamark and embossed them with clear embossing powder. Then I blended black ink onto the tag. The areas with the clear embossing resists the black ink and the colourful background still shows. Love the effect!





  • You need to choose solid images and sentiment to get a real good effect.
  • After adding the black ink you have to clean up the embossed areas with a dump paper towel a few times to get a clean look.
  • During the prozess your finger get really inky. If you don't like that you have to wear rubber gloves. 




Next week I have two more examples of the same technique - hope to see you again.



   

3 comments:

  1. Very cool tag! I had never heard of this technique. Does the black ink need to be a particular kind?

    ReplyDelete