Tuesday, June 2, 2015

I'm Here for you

Hello Crafters! 

It's Kelly here today and I have a simple but sweet encouragement card for you today. 


I love the Lily from Jungle Fever and haven't used it nearly enough. I often think of Lilies when it comes to more subtle cards like bad days or sympathy. 

I started by die cutting a circle through a white card stock panel. I removed the positive circle and stamped my lilies using masking. I used simple black lines to create stems. No need to get fancy :) 
Lillies come in so many colors I wanted to make mine super interesting :) I used yellow and redish pink copics to blend and get a multicolor look. For added interest I added white dots over the black dots already included in the stamp. I added a soft blue green halo to match the paper I knew I wanted to use in the background. The dies I chose have a stitched edge. Instead of leaving both edges the same I added small pink dots to the outside frame using a Souffle gel pen then trimmed the panel down to be slightly smaller than my card front. I backed the circle negative with some turquoise paper just for something different then adhered my color panel with dimensional adhesive. 



You can change up your look by adding small details like the pink dots or white gel pen over black. Images don't have to be your full panel highlighting simple images can really make an impact. 

We love to see your projects with Create A Smile stamps. Link them up in the sidebar! 

Thanks for dropping in! 

Jungle Fever 
Bad Day


5 comments:

  1. Absolutely GORGEOUS card, Kelly! Your coloring is amazing and I love all of your details...so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful inspiration. I love your idea of adding the blue card stock behind the white and peeking out just on the top half of the card. With the blue halo around the flowers its very effective. Wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Kelly
    Absolut adorable Flower
    I adore your using that flower stamp your coloring and your layout
    CAS and beautiful
    LOVE THIS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Kelly. Thanks for sharing the tips you do for the image. It's helpful to see some of your design choices and how you arrive at your fabulous finished project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice card and it was great going through the post here.

    ReplyDelete