Samantha here again, this happy, wonderful, chilly (?) Friday!
Today I have another fun, silly layout to share! I used a few different Create a Smile stamps and embellishments to create it, and i think it's just great! Ha!
I've been trying to experiment with different ways to make mixed media-lite backgrounds. Not just on layouts, but cards too! So this background came to be as a result of the play!
Ok, stick with me friends! The fun thing about my backgrounds are...well, they're FUN! right? But the un-fun thing about my backgrounds, is that they do have a lot happening! Lol! :)
- choose your distress paints and swipe lines of color onto your background, in your desired pattern
- spray with water
- repeat, until you like the result
- once dry, add some embossing paste with a stencil to create the 'bubbles!'
- layer and matte your photos. then do that again like 100 times! (ok, not really, but as you can see...lots of layers here!)
- stamp applicable phrases around photos in 1st and 2nd generation stamping
- stamp and color the bathtub image with coipcs
- attach the title by machine stitching
- splatter on some black mist
- matte the backbround on vellum and then again on bold graphic 12x12 paper
The end! Ha!
I was so excited to use some of the new flair from Create a Smile! I also used the Balance stamp set for the phrases! Of course, the bathtub is from the amazingly adorable Comfy stamp set!
The best part about this kind of layout is you can use ANY color scheme! All you have to do is swipe some distress paint in the colors of your choosing! The less water you add, the more graphic it looks, and it's totally a fun journey!
If you don't have any distress paints, you can create the same sort of effect with distress stains or even ink pads! just swipe some color and add water! What fun!!
Oh, and if you create anything with Create a Smile products, please link up in the sidebar of the blog! We LOOOOVE to see your designs!
Thanks for stopping by!