Saturday, May 28, 2022

Bookshelf Card

Hi there!
Samantha here, and today I am sharing a card overflowing with books and love and color! 

 

     

I love the show Parks and Rec, and the iconic phrase, "Treat yo self!", so I wanted to use that as inspiration for my card!

Let's make this card together!

- first, I stamped the bookshelf image in a light grey ink in random places around the card!
- then I splattered some of the same light grey ink, and white acrylic ink, all over the card
- I stamped the book images and then colored them in with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and then fussy cut them out

- I popped up some of the book images with foam tape
- I stamped part of the sentiment in block letters directly to the background of the card, then I heat embossed the rest of the sentiment in black onto vellum and fussy cut out around it


- I think the colors really pop against that soft grey background!
 

I used warm pinks, reds and oranges to color my books, so they popped against the background, but you could do any color palette: rainbows, cool colors, any thing!


The images are from the Superpowers and mini Books stamp set! To create the custom phrase, I used both the Lettering Alphas and Clear Letters!
 

    

There is ALWAYS a fun challenge going on in the Create a Smile Stamp Facebook group page! It's fun and filled with prizes! I love seeing all of the incredible, unique and amazing inspiration!
 
~Samantha
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment