Saturday, April 25, 2020

How About an Update?

Hi there!
Samantha here, and today I'm excited to share a cute card that would be perfect to send to a friend you wanted to check in with! 


 


     

I honestly LOVE those robots! I wish there were other sets with the robots (hint hint Christine!! Ha!)!  So I knew I wanted to color use them for this fun, shaped card!


Let's make this card together!

- I started by stamping and coloring the images with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers! Once everything was dry, I fussy cut them out!
- I did a small amount of masking to remove the 'stamp' from one of the robot's hands, and replacing it with the other, open one!



- I taped off the area I wanted to stamp on his arm, then stamped the whole image. 
- then I cleaned the stamp, taped off the arm only, inked up the stamp, removed the tape, and lined up the arm to my stamped robot image! 
- then I used Distress Oxide Inks to ink blend a little sky in the background! I used Wilted Violet, Blueprint Sketch, Mermaid Lagoon and Peacock Feathers!
- then I used some white embossing paste and the stars stencil to add the texture to the background!



- I also used Vintage Photo and Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide Inks to ink blend some color to the 'floor' of this little scene! 

- finally, I popped up all of the images before attaching them to the card, then added some white accents with a gel pen!




Instead of die cutting a separate piece of cardstock for the 'floor', I could have taped off/masked the bottom area, but I didn't mind just die cutting a new piece and placing it on top of the stenciled area! 


The background features the awesome Big Polka Stars Stencil.  The card shape was die cut with the Postage Edge Circles Cool Cuts! I used a combination of images from Bear Mail, Same Frequency and Say What?! stamp sets! 

    

There is ALWAYS a fun challenge going on in the Create a Smile Stamp Facebook group page! It's fun and filled with prizes! I love seeing all of the incredible, unique and amazing inspiration!
~Samantha



   


      



No comments:

Post a Comment