After all the christmas card making I really enjoy diggin' through my non-christmassy stash and picking out favorites like the fun koala pirates set called All Hands On Deck. I went for my all time favorite cardmaking style: clean & simple.
I was simply in the mood for a cute critter on a clean and simple card. I enjoy creating a pop of color on a mostly white space with a cute image as the focal point and some little extras that make the card interesting.
- stamp the critter on alcohol marker friendly paper with your go-to ink for alcohol markers. Mine all time favorite ink is Memento Tuxedo Black.
- color cour image and cut it out.
- chose where your focal point should be and start stamping the background. I used different shades of green to make the background look more dimensional.
- give your critter a place to stand on. It doesn't need much. A few dots are enough to make it look like he's standing on sand or rocks.
- add your little pirate with foam tape
- stamp your greeting in crisp black ink (I used Versafine Onyx Black)
- add a little something with Glossy Accents on the nose or some white gel pen details
Think around the corner. I needed small dots and found some in my flowers collection. But I was looking for super small ones as well and ended up with dots from an alphabet set. It's so fun to use stamps in unexpected ways.
Stamping a leaf with a light green ink looks nice. But you can easily add more interest to the leaf if you add a darker shade of ink to parts of your stamp using a small sponge dauber. If you take a closer look at my card, you can see some kind of gradient or ombré look on the leaves.
Thanks a lot for stopping by!
Have a happy day,