Saturday, August 1, 2015

Monster Party!

Hi everybody, Anni here!
Today I have a monster card for you.






We all have this color that we don't use at all, right? For me this color is purple! Don't like it! But lately there are cards turning up with purple and I like them! Quite shocking, I know! So for this card I tried my hands on purple.





The technique for the background I remembered recently when I took part in the latest Online Card Class called Background Check:

  • I created the first layer of the background with ink blending in aqua.
  • I stamped and heat embossed the arrows.
  • After that I did some ink blending again with a darker color, a purple tone. The arrows resisted the purple ink because of the heat embossing.
  • Then I sprinkled some water on.





  • The background was a little bit too loud for me. To tone it down a little bit I added a layer of vellum.
  • To make the purple easier for me I combined it with a color I really really love: aqua! I colored my monster in aqua. But to bring the card together I also tiny bits of a very soft purple.





Did you already subscribe to our newsletter? Keep yourself updated!


So, what do you think about today's experimenting with purple? To be honest: I won't get a big fan of purple! I leave it up to you to create to wonderful things with it. Do you have a color you absolutely don't like? Tell me all about it!




         

2 comments:

  1. Ach, die Karte ist einfach hammer!!!! Tolle tolle Farbkombi :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome...I don't gravitate to purple but I always love seeing it on/in projects.

    ReplyDelete