Saturday, June 20, 2015

Smile!

Hey, Anni here! Hope you are all fine and have some tme to craft this weekend! Today I have a card for you with flowers and watercolor - love these two together!






I am so in love with the new set Magic Flowers, so so beautiful! And the new dies are fabulous, too! I love the newtechnique camouflage die cutting (is this the right name - I am not sure) where you first color you image then die cut it and then add is back in but with some dimension. So I wanted to give it a try.



  • Stamp and heat emboss the flowers on watercolor paper.
  • Color your image with watercolor. Use more then one one color on one flower.
  • Die cut the banner shape and add it with some dimesnion.
  • Stamp the sentiment and fuzzy cut it. 
  • Assemble the card.


There are so many products for watercoloring out there. For this card I used Derwent Inktense Pencils. I add the color to the dry paper: Most of the space I fill with the lightest color and then add some darker colors in th places I want the shadows to be. Then I add water starting at the lightest color going to the darkest. This way it is easy to blend different colors and get a beautiful effect. 
You could also use Distress Inks but I think you would get another effect.


So what do you use for watercoloring?



The Sending Sunshine Kit will be back in the shop tonight! RUN and grab one before it is sold out again!



      

3 comments: