Thursday, June 18, 2015

Guest Designer Angel Johns #1

Hello crafty people,

today we have the pleasure to present the first post by the super lovely and incredibly talented Angel Johns. Enjoy :)
http://www.mywholestampinworld.com

________________________


Hello friends!! 

This is Angel Johns and I am the June Guest Designer! I am so honored to be here sharing my cards with you using Create A Smile Stamps! I am so happy that I ran across this company months ago and have enjoyed the products so much!



I was in the mood to use distress inks. I have most of the newest colors and I love using them. I pulled out Mermaid Lagoon and Cracked Pistachio along with a stencil and got to work. The adorable helicopter from the new set Uplifting was going to be my focal point. 




I used Mermaid Lagoon and Cracked Pistachio on a piece of water color paper and an ink blending tool to create the center panel. Next I used my trimmer to cut off below and above the stencil parts. I colored those pieces completely with Mermaid Lagoon to give it a beautiful blue color. The helicopter is stamped in Memento black ink and colored in using different Cool and Warm Grays from my Copic collection. The sign behind the helicopter is also stamped in Memento black ink. To assemble the card, I glued the blue pieces directly to the card base but used fun foam to adhere the middle piece. I popped up the helicopter and sign as well. 


Sprinkled some sparkling clear sequins around the card and applied a layer of clear glitter with my Wink of Stella pen. I thought that I was finished with the card but before I took my pics I decided to use my white gel pen to make white stitching along the top and bottom of my panel. 




Don't be afraid to fussy cut your images out. We are all so spoiled when it comes to die cuts but I think that using scissors can be therapeutic. Also when you want a specific color card stock to make make your own like I did with my distress ink. 


Thanks so much for joining me today! I will be back next week with another card using more amazing products. Have a great day!! 

Let me know if you think I should add anything else! You're the best!



______________________

Don't you just love Angel's card?
Head over to her blog and leave her some love. Thanks!

1 comment: