Sunday, June 21, 2015

Colourful Paper Planes - Super Easy Colouring!

Hi everyone! I'm so tempted to use florals again this week but I wanted to dive into another new set this month that I have not touched yet. Today, I will share how I coloured 5 images with various colours at the same time. Intrigued? hehe I hope so!




I like exploring different ways to colour my image. I've done this technique for a background but I wanted to see how I like it when I use it to colour my images :) 

I started out by randomly heat embossing clouds and smooshing it into puddles of Distress Ink (Peacock Feathers & Evergreen Bough) to make a light blue sky.


I went back to spray some water to make it softer when I thought there was too much colour and used my finger to dab some of the ink on some areas that I wanted to get some splotches.


While that was drying, I went on to heat embossed some paper planes images on watercolour paper. I cut the paper to a smaller size so it's easier to do this step. 


I zoomed in to this image because I wanted to show you that I traced the sides of the paper. This helps me determined where I should placed my ink.


I smooshed the paper into the puddle of rainbow distress inks and in a quick second I have coloured all five images with various colours. :) 


I wanted to white frame so I blocked most of the background that I already did. I hope you like it!



Create A Smile Stamps - Uplifting


Prepare a dry towel or tissue to collect muddy puddles on your images when you lift up your images. This can happen when you have various colours and if it's very watery. 


Follow Create A Smile on Facebook keep yourself updates on all the happenings and if you're an Instagram addict like I am, you can follow Create A Smile using this name : @createasmilestamps ! :)

Thanks for stopping by,


Marina

1 comment: