Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Guest Designer Laura Sterckx - Part 1

Hello everyone,

today I have the pleasure to announce that the super sweet Laura Sterckx from Making cards is Fun will be our guest this month. I guess many of you already know her - I've been a fan of hers for quite a while and she also joined us for special events and made videos using our products. (She makes amazing videos!). PLease give a warm welcome to Laura :)


So, let's see what Laura has for you today:
________________________



After seeing bold tropical prints at H&M, I wanted to create a bright card with a tropical feeling to it. I figured out that the Jungle Fever stamp set and some bright Copic markers would be perfect to do that. 



Be sure to watch the video below to catch my card making process. 





Take your time to color. If you are doing it in a hurry, you may color out of the lines or your colors will start to bleed. Also, test out color combinations on a piece of scratch paper first. If you can't figure out where to add color, take your stamp set and line up the printed image with your stamped image. Last but not least, use white card stock that works really well for Copic coloring and blending. My favorites are Simon Says Stamp Ultra Heavy Weight card stock and Neenah Solar White 110 LB. :)



_________________________

Thanks Laura for your fantastic first post as our guest - and your awesome video!

And if you, dear crafters, likes her video - make sure to subscribe to her channel!
I'll be back soon with our next release countdown post - stay tuned!

Christine

2 comments:

  1. I love the bright colors on this card! Awesome choices, and great coloring!

    ReplyDelete