Hello crafty friends,
these are exciting times.
We just started preparing our very first issue of Treasures
- a papercrafting mini-magazine and we want YOU
to be a part of it!
So here's our
For our first issue of Treasures we're looking for papercrafting projects matching the following themes:
• (Festive) decorations
• stamped gifts (for any occasion!)
• Winter / Christmas
• open theme (anything you want)
You can submit as many projects as you like for each of the four themes, meeting the following guidelines:
• Use Create A Smile products as the main focus of your projects.
• Your creations may not have been published anywhere else before - neither in a magazine, nor on your blog or social media.
• Take your project-photos in front of a neutral background.
• Please don't add a watermark to your photos. (no worries, we won't use any photos without your permission and credits.)
• Please make sure to add your name and address to your email.
• ALL kinds of papercrafting projects and styles are welcome
• Add a list of supplies [product type: brand (name) - e.g. Ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black)]
• Include a step-by-step tutorial
• Send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org The subject line must include the theme you're submitting your project to.
• Submissions close on Saturday, September 17th 2016. EDIT: Open until September 30th!
What will happen next?
1) A jury of Create A Smile DT members will pick projects for the first issue. Decisions are made depending on multiple factors:
• originality and creativity (will readers have benefit/learn from the project and instructions?)
• quality of photos
• overall concept of the issue
This means that not being picked does NOT mean your project wasn't good. Maybe we just got multiple submission using the same technique/ same products. Maybe we get 30 projects for one theme but only 5 for the others. We HIGHLY encourage you to try again next time if we can't accept your projects for this issue!
2) Everyone who submitted will be notified via email whether or not the project(s) will be published.
3) If we picked your submission for Treasures #1 we will get back to you including some paperwork. We will also ask you for a portrait photo and your social media.
4) Everyone who's projects are published will get a printed version of Treasures #1 and will also receive a goodie-bag packed with fun Create A Smile products.
When and how will Treasures #1 be released and available?
The magazine, once printed, will be available at the Create a Smile store and will also be added to orders over 65€.
We think it will be available late in October/November.
If you have any questions, feel free to send us a message - we're happy to help!
We can't wait to see your creations!