It's Ashlee here to share with you my very first card as a member of the CAS design team and let me tell you I am so super excited to be here!!
I hope you will all enjoy my inspiration.
I received my order of new stamps and I just had to create a jungle theme card but I also wanted to incorporate an embossed background with the fabulous Blossom stencil so the idea all stemmed from that....
- Using a kraft card base I inked the edges with Ground Espresso distress oxide ink and then splattered with Black Soot ink
- Heat embossed the Blossom stencil with WOW white embossing powder
- Added a sentiment from Fur real with Memento tuxedo black ink
- Stamped the outline of the fine ferns image two times and then using the solid image filled it with a green ink (cut out the images with brother scan n cut)
- Coloured the Lion, bird and rock with Copic markers
- Mounted all the items with foam tape into position on the card base and added a touch of sequins to finish it off.
Stencils aren't just for ink blending.... use your embossing ink pad and then heat emboss with a powder for an amazing result.