Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Clumsy Santa

Hello!  It's Candice with you today sharing a Christmas card with you in hopes of helping you get a jump start on those Christmas cards that we all need to be making soon!




When I look at this stamp set, I see a scene of santa falling into the chimney. Don't you love when you can look at a stamp set and see what you want to create?! 





I created the background first by heat embossing over the falling snow stencil in white and then inking with chipped sapphire, faded jeans & blueprint sketch.  I then die cut the stitched roof and adhered under the sky.


Next, I stamped the images from the santa clumsy stamp set, colored with copic markers and fussy cut out.


To put it all together, I pop dotted them along the roof in the sequence of santa falling into the chimney. 
I then stamped all the sentiments; one along the bottom, one on the stitched banner and the last in the speech bubble.  I added a couple of pearl domes to finish it off.





The size of your card can make all the difference.  The slimline card was the perfect size for me to show santa being clumsy and still have room for the cute elf to react!



There is always a challenge for you join, you can check out the current one here!






Santa Clumsy stamp set


Winter Day stencil


Useful Banners cool cuts


Speech Bubbles cool cuts

No comments:

Post a Comment