Monday, April 15, 2019

Older? Better!

Hello, everyone! It's Cassie here, and I'm back to share another card I made for Create A Smile. The new release just was available starting last Friday, and I'm loving the new products, so of course I had to use them for my card today. Let's jump in!

I wanted to create a highlighted area with the new Focal die so I thought I'd go with a birthday card and a nontraditional birthday treat! I also wanted some soft pastel colors, and this fortune cookie was perfect for that!

 I started the card by ink blending some mint green ink on an A2 size card panel. I also splattered some of the ink over another A2 size card panel, and then die cut the Focal die from it. This way I could see my ink blending through the die cut area. 



Next I did my stamping. I stamped the "older/better" sentiment from the Birthday Sampler stamp set onto the card panel in which I had die cut the Focal die from. I also stamped the fortune cookie from the new A Little Treat stamp set. That was colored in with Copic markers and fussy cut out. I adhered everything together and attached the cookie with some foam tape to make it stand out. 


 Focal Die: 



When you have a simple card design like this I think it's really smart to add dimension. That's why I popped up the fortune cookie. It seems like a really small thing, but it adds the perfect touch! 

If you're getting crafty with the new release (or any of the Create a Smile products) be sure to tag us so we can see your lovely creations!! Thanks so much for stopping by today, and I'll see you again soon with another card! 


No comments:

Post a Comment