Wednesday, April 17, 2019

crafty superpowers

Hello, Nicole here.

I'm here with a clean and (almost) simple card inspiration for you today. Supermouse is bringing some crafty mojo to a fellow crafter...



I love to get more out of my supplies and find stamp sets that mix and match well. So I went through my stash and found out, that the mouse from "Superpowers" (or in German "Superkräfte") goes nicely with the pencil from set "First Day of School" or "Endlich Schulkind". I paired it with a crafty sentiment that says "may the mojo be with you".


For the mouse:
  • stamp the mouse in light grey ink on alcohol marker friendly paper
  • stamp the mouse again but on a piece of sticky note or masking paper and create a mask to temporarily stick on top of the light grey stamped image
  • now, stamp the pencil in light grey ink so that the mouse will hold it and lay on it
  • remove the mask and start coloring
  • I used alcohol markers with colored pencils on top to color my image
  • fussy cut your image
For the background:
  • create a sky by using the cloud stencil and Distress Ink 
  • add interest to the card by stamping the starry swoosh 
  • stamp the sentiment and add your image with a bit of foam tape





Get more out of your stamps and create new looks by combining stamp sets.



Superkräfte / Superpowers
Clouds Stencil
Endlich Schulkind / Forst Day of School
Swooshes
Stempelfreunde / Stamping friends






The April Release is online!!!



Thanks for stopping by!
Have a lovely day,
Nicole




1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card. The pencil and mouse look as if they belong together, and I love the shadow-like effect from the cloud behind the image. Great sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete