Saturday, March 9, 2019

Pure Poppies Watercolor Card

Hello and welcome 
to another cardmaking inspiration. Have you seen the latest posts by the Design Team? There are so many wonderful ideas and projects on this blog!




It's actually a sad occasion that made me create this card. A neighbor of us died and her family had poppies on the obituary. I wanted to make a card for them in the same style and these "pure poppies" stamps were just perfect.


  • stamp the flowers with a black pigment ink, cover them with clear embossing powder and heat set that
  • color your images with a water based medium (I used Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens). I colored the flowers very loosely and spritzed them afterwards with a Mini Mister. This made the colors (orange, red and deep red) mix well.
  • I dried my color using a heating tool. This creates these "watercolor edges". 
  • I added some green Zig marker at the bottom and blended it out with a water brush
  • for the sky, I used Distress Ink and a blending tool but you could totally do this with watercolors as well.
  • after everything was dry, I added white paint splatters for a finishing touch
  • I did not forget my sentiment, I just wanted to leave the card as it is

  • sometimes, projects look messy first, but when they're dry or finished, they look much better
  • you can use watercolors, water colormarkers or Distress Inks for coloring your images like this
  • sometimes, cards do not need sentiments OR you just add them, when you know what kind of card you need. This could be a thank you card, a birthday card or so... 








Challenges are a great way to improve your cardmaking and we LOVE to see what you create! So click the logo on the right and check out or current challenge! 

Thanks a lot for stopping by!
Have a happy day,

1 comment: