Saturday, February 23, 2019

Even Chocolate Won't Fix This Card

Hi there!
Samantha here, and today I am sharing a sweet little 'missing you' kind of card!


 


     

I was flipping through my stamp sets, and my eye caught on that sweet sentiment about chocolate (yum!) and I just KNEW I had to make a card with it!


Let's make this card together!

- stamp color the images (I used Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers)
- once dry, fussy cut and set aside
- I die cut a circle and used the negative part as a mask to ink blend in the circle! (I used Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide Inks!)
- then I placed the stencil on top of the masked off circle and ink blended with a darker shade of Oxide Inks to add some texture to the background! 
- next, I splattered some water on top 



- heat emboss the large sentiment onto a strip of pink cardstock, and trim into a banner

- add some sequins!



I am a big fan of fussy cutting! I do it all the time, buy choice! Ha! But if you're not a fan, you could totally mask off the flowers and then do the ink blending! 


This card was SO fun to make! I used the Say What set for the fun speech bubble! The adorable monkey and sentiment is from When You're Not Around! And the background stencil is Focal Point! Oh, and I can't forget the sequins from Pretty Pink Posh! 

    

There is ALWAYS a fun challenge going on in the Create a Smile Stamp Facebook group page! It's fun and filled with prizes! I love seeing all of the incredible, unique and amazing inspiration!
~Samantha


      


1 comment: