Saturday, July 14, 2018

((VIDEO)) Christmas in July: 1 Card 3 Ways

Hello crafty friends! It's Jess and today I have three cards created with very similar materials with some accommodations depending on your supplies. I am featuring the Season's Greetings stamp set.







As I was reorganizing my craft room recently I came across the Season's Greetings stamp set and really wanted to play with it but didn't want to wait until the winter months. So I decided it would be perfect for a Christmas in July feature.



I decided to use some metallic cardstock because I love a little shimmer on Christmas cards. But it presented a challenge because most inks will not dry on metallic cardstock. So I decided to do some heat embossing. I had a dilemma though because I wanted to layer a sentiment on top of the inner circle and layering embossing powder created a fuzzy sentiment so I experimented with some other ways to create a similar card. You can get more details in the video:









If your first idea doesn't work out, don't get frustrated. Think about how you can switch up some of the supplies to get a similar effect.
















Be sure to join the latest Create a Smile Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment