Friday, July 20, 2018

A Hand-Lettered Hello

Hi there!
Samantha here, and today I'm sharing a cute little card that is ready to mail and cheer someone up! 


 
     

Well that's the goal anyway! It's always nice to get a sweet card in the mail! It just lets that person know that you're thinking of them! 


Let's make this card!
- stamp and color your image (I used Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers), once dry, fussy cut out!
- on the card front, add a light layer of Distress Ink to the stencil itself (I used Worn Lipstick and Dried Marigold), spritz with water and press down onto the cardstock
- once dry, add a light layer of distress ink blending around the background and splatter some water on top


- once it's all dry, stamp your sentiment, and add your paintbrush image!
- I also added some black strips of cardstock with a longer sentiment
- add foam tape and adhere it all to your card


I have to admit, this card didn't turn out 100% like I  had envisioned! I went a little lighter in the background, and I think that's bothering me a little! I'm usually a 'bolder is better' kind of girl! lol!


I used the First Day of School stamp set, and part of the title was created with the Clear Lettering Alphas, while the other part used the Just Saying Hello stamp set! I also used the Big Hearts Polka Stencil!

    

There is always a fun challenge going on in the Create a Smile Friends and Family Facebook Group!
Check out all the details and play along, we love to see what you make! 


~Samantha

         

1 comment: