Saturday, June 23, 2018

You Got Superpowers | Interactive Slider Ca


Hi Everyone, Marika here with a new card. I just love making interactive cards, and when I saw the super mouse from the Superpowers stamp set I just knew I needed to make him fly.





 I wanted him to be movable and I wanted him to fly over something, so I dug through my Create A Smile Stamps and found the lighthouse on the Glowing Seaside Stampset. I felt it would be perfect for the scene that I wanted. I made the background very soft and not so much detailed so that the slider, mouse and lighthouse would be the focal point.





To see how I created the card you can watch my videos, the first one is showing how to put the card together, the second one is showing the coloring in realtime with commentary.







My tip today is all about making your own slider track. When creating it try to imagine where on your image you are going to set the mechanism (in my case a little foamtape square), hover the image over where you are going start your track and draw a circle, just a little bit bigger than the mechanism. Do the same where you are going to end your mechanism. Then just connect the two circles trying to keep the lines parallel to eachother to make a smooth track. Then use a craft knife to cut it out.






1 comment: