Friday, July 21, 2017

Magical Coffee

Hi there!
Samantha here, and today I'm sharing a card for all you coffee lovers!





     

I really LOVE the look of a big scripty title paired with a more block-like font! So combining these two stamp sets was a no brainer!


Here's a little secret, I don't like coffee myself, but SO MANY of my friends do! So let's make this for your favorite coffee-loving friend!
- stamp and color that little caffeinated image (I used Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and watercolored onto some Bristol Smooth Vellum Mixed Media paper)
- heat emboss part of the sentiment in white onto a strip of black cardstock



- stamp and fussy cut around the scripty word
- using white embossing paste and a stencil, create the background
- fussy cut out the coffee image and pop up with foam tape


You can totally customize the coffee cup image with different colors to change up the feel of the card!! I went with a Starbucks inspired cup, myself!


I used the Hexagon Web Stencil to add the white on white, subtle texture to the background! For the 'magical' part of the sentiment, I used the Friends Like You stamp set! Then used Coffee First for the large word and image! 

    

Create a Smile Stamps Owner and Illustrator Christine also started a movement called Smilespotting! It's a fun way to spread kindness and happiness to your community! Read all about it here!


~Samantha



      

No comments:

Post a Comment