Sunday, May 21, 2017

Make Your Own Background - Part 3

Hey crafters! How have you been? In between days, I've been painting my little journal with repeating pattern using watercolour. That's what inspired me to make this card today. As you might already know, you can use stamps, any stamps, and stamp them repeatedly and you'll get a filled background just like sticking on patterned paper but with more control. That's what I did today. 




I've stamped the flower and leaves using Distress Ink Antique Linen. It's my favourite distress ink colour to use when I want that no-line effect. Basically, it makes it looks like I've handdrawn them. 

Use your colouring medium of choice. I've chosen to watercolour but you can use copics or any other medium that your heart desires. 

Add a bold sentiment to ground the whole background and so that the sentiment doesn't get lost in the busy background.

Leaves are from the Aloha Spirit Stamps
Flowers are from the Crokisses Stamps



Follow Create A Smile on Facebook keep yourself updates on all the happenings and if you're an Instagram addict like I am, you can follow Create A Smile using this name : @createasmilestamps ! :)



Thanks for stopping by,




No comments:

Post a Comment