I'm back with a second clean and simple card for my April series.
I got asked many a time how I make my clean and simple cards. To be honest, I do not have a recipe. It's just the way I love making cards, it's kind of "natural" for me. But I found some guidelines/instructions for you that might help :-)
If you want to make "clean and simple" cards, try to stick to (some) of these points.
- one focal point
- a lot of open space
- only one (or two) layers
- no or minimal embellishements
- minimal color palette
- simple, uncluttered and easy to recreate
If you want to improve your clean and simple cardmaking, try playing along Clean & Simple challenges. You'll find many inspiring ideas and get to practice at the same time.
- stamp your immage on watercolor paper with some Distress Ink
- take a waterbrush and color the immage using the color from the edge
- fussy cut the immage
- use the ink smooshing technique to create the background
- stamp the greeting and assemble the card
- I used a white colored pencil to fill in the sentiment
Create A Smile is moving and they are taking a break. The shop will be closeduntil May 7th.
Thanks for stopping by! See you soon :-)