Sunday, March 19, 2017

Re-Making Old Cards

Hey crafters! Have you ever re-make your old cards? That's what I did today. This was a card I made back in October. Similar layout and general look but different technique. Read on for details :D 





For my card in october, I used the solid triangle stamp and a bunch of stamps to create the background for this card. But this time, I used the outline stamp and colour it in myself. I stamped it using Antique Linen Distress Ink. This gives a very faint line. 

I've also taped the border to keep the clean white border rather than adding another layer of cardstock. 

I coloured the triangles in using, of course, watercolour. Watercolour gives such a random and beautiful texture to this flat card. I've mostly tried to keep one side of each triangle dark and gradient down to a light shade. 



Add a simple bold die-cut sentiment and i'm done. I hope you'll give this technique a try. 

Have fun!



Prima Watercolors
Antique Linen Distress Inks


Follow Create A Smile on Facebook keep yourself updates on all the happenings and if you're an Instagram addict like I am, you can follow Create A Smile using this name : @createasmilestamps ! :)



Thanks for stopping by,




No comments:

Post a Comment