Saturday, June 4, 2016

Thank You! or a Card with Mistakes

Hey stampers, Anni here!
With today's card I had some troubles while making it. I am curious if you can guess the mistakes!





  • I stamped, colored with copics and fuzzy cut the octopus!
  • I made my own wave mask and created an ocean with ink blending with Distress Inks in some blue and turquoise shades.
  • I die cut the Danke (thanks) from the paper with the ink blending and from white foam to give the word some dimension.
  • For the background I stamped the word Danke with white pigment ink on a green cardbase.
  • I finished the card with some enamel shapes .


So, where did the mistakes happen? Did you already find out?
  • When I colored the octopus the ink on the eye bleed out and smudged although I used Memento Ink. That never happened to me before. I wanted to dump the image in the trash but then I had the idea of adding a googly eye. And I think he is really cute with it.

  • I had the idea of the "danke" floating in the water. That's why I die cut directly from the ink blended paper. But you sure already noticed - no waves on the die cut. I added some Glossy Accents on top and the waves dissapeared. Not immediatly but over night - of course! Distress Inks are water soluble and obviously there is some water in the Glossy Accent - that is my explanation for this miracle!
    I think you can still see some of the ink in the close up.


Sometimes these kind of mistakes happen - just go with the flow! I bet you wouldn't have notice the mistakes on my card if I hadn't tell you.



Create a Smile has now a monthly challenge with a great prize to win. You can find the link in the sidebar. 
You love challenges? There is another challenge going on on the Create a Smile Friends and Family Facebook group!



            

5 comments:

  1. Super cute card. I appreciate the pain of a card that doesn't quite go the way you planned but works out anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card. I appreciate the pain of a card that doesn't quite go the way you planned but works out anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, I must admit I sat looking for long time trying to find mistakes before I came here and could see nothing until you told me. The googly eye works perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Until you pointed out the mistakes, and until you said that there were mistakes, I didn't see any. The card looked great the way it was. It's cute though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have never found your mistake had you not told us. This is one sweet card and I love your adorable octopus.

    ReplyDelete