Sunday, June 5, 2016

Ink Blending Part 2

Hi Everyone! Last week, I finally dug out my ink blending tool and start to ink blend again and now I'm on a ink blending buzz :D So hope you'll enjoy this and come back next week for another ink blending card.

I usually try to make a batch of thank you cards to give to friends or family member and today I would like to share with you a batch of cards I've made.






I die cut some squares and started to ink blend using various Distress Inks. For these four cards, I used Cracked Pistachio, Fossilized Amber, Worn Lipstick and Shaded Lilac. As you can see, I've only ink blended the bottom half of the panel. I like how it looks soft and I added some water splatters on the card. to get some extra texture. 


Next, I used My Favourite Things Hybrid black ink to stamp the flower from the Crokisses Set. I tried to paint it to match the colour of the ink blend  but I wanted the flower to stand out so I decided to paint all of it brown. 



To add the sentiment, instead of stamping, I used the Alphabet Stickers and used the colours to match the ink blended colour. I used a grid paper and Create A Smile long acrylic block with grids to help me position the stickers as straight as possible. Tip : Stick the last letter first, that way you don't have to remove it again if you underestimate the length. 


To add some shimmer to the flower, I used the Winsor & Newton Iridescent Medium. It gives the same effect as the Wink of Stella (Clear) but it contains more in a bottle and more cost efficient. If you have a Wink of Stella, try this to refill your Wink of Stella pen ;) 


Here's a close up to show you the shimmers ... 




All Create A Smile products : 

Non-Create A Smile products : 
Distress Ink Pads - Cracked Pistachio, Fossilized Amber, Worn Lipstick and Shaded Lilac
Winsor & Newton Iridescent Medium
Gold Sequins (my own)
Watercolour Paper 

Follow Create A Smile on Facebook keep yourself updates on all the happenings and if you're an Instagram addict like I am, you can follow Create A Smile using this name : @createasmilestamps ! :)

Thanks for stopping by,


1 comment:

  1. Pretty card. Love the background. THANK YOU so much for that fabulous tip on the Iridescent medium and
    the Wink of Stella Pen!!!!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete