Saturday, June 11, 2016

I'd Love to Sea You Again

Hey stampers, Anni here!
Today I have another card for you with the cute octopus from the set Underwater Love.





I really love Birka's Sketch in the current challenge at the Create a Smile Facebook group, That was my starting point for this card. But I am not sure if you would still recogniz that I used this sketch.
I turned the sketch and I had this idea in my mind that the demarcation between the images in the sketch could be part of the image. That worked out for the border between the ocean and the sky but not for the upper part.






  • I stamped, colored with copics and fuzzy cut the images!
  • I created the background using a stencil and some inkblending. I die cut a wave border from that piece of paper.
  • I adhered the "ocean" part and the images to the card base.
  • On top I adhered two stripes of paper to create some kind of window!
  • To finish the card I added some sequins.



    • To get a not to harsh contrast I first blended some lighter ink on the cardstock without the stencil. Then I used a darker shade with the stencil.
    • When I assembled the card I didn't have a sentiment on it. I thought I would add it on a banner but didn't like how it turned out. That's when I decided to stamp the sentiment directly onto the card. Thanks to my MISTI that worked out. 



    Don't forget to join our Facebook group and play along with us at the challenge. There are great prizes!



                

    3 comments: