Wednesday, June 29, 2016

I'd Cross the Ocean For You

Hello Crafters! 

It's been too long! 
I'm so excited to be back sharing my love of Create A Smile with you guys. In traditional Kelly fashion I've kept it clean and simple today. 


Pretty simple really, It's summer and I wanted a beach card :) 

To create this card i just did a simple blended background and added texture with a sparkle pen. The image was Copic colored. You can watch the whole thing start to finish in the video below 




I hope you enjoyed the video. It's super easy to get a textured card with minimal supplies.  Clearly, I need to go back to school because Biology is the study of all organisms. I was right and didn't even know it. I hope you laughed as hard as I did. Haha!



Part of what helps the texture in the background is the fact that Distress Ink reacts with water/moisture. Also, help your image pop off the page by adding a simple shadow. 


Thanks so much for stopping by! 



4 comments:

  1. Fabulous card and equally beautiful message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute card. Love the video and how you explained your process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how it looks like the turtle is in the ocean. You got the colors just right. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete