Sunday, June 19, 2016

DIY Background Part 1

Hi Everyone!  I have you enjoyed some ink blending cards for the last few weeks. Today and also in the next 2 weeks, I will be sharing some DIY background cards. 

Don't forget! The Challenge of the Month is still going on!  One lucky winner will receive a 15€ gift card.




I will start with a bold and colourful card. Enjoy! 



To start, I took all the “Happy” words and arranged them. If you have a big enough stamping block, you can even pick them all up so you don’t have to stamp them one by one. I did stamped some words on their own to fit into the space more efficiently. 


I used my Prima Watercolours to just make a very loose rainbow patch on the card. No restriction. You can do it with various shades of blue or orange, etc.  


I chose to use a big bold die cut to create the main sentiment in the middle. To make the die-cut stand out, I’ve stuck a black paper underneath it. To have the black strip of paper, I feel like it helps to “ground” the busy looking background. 

If you don’t have a die cut machine, you can use the alphabet sticks or a big sentiment stamp. 

That's all for today :) 



All Create A Smile products : 

Non-Create A Smile products : 
Distress Ink Pads - Seedless Preserve


Follow Create A Smile on Facebook keep yourself updates on all the happenings and if you're an Instagram addict like I am, you can follow Create A Smile using this name : @createasmilestamps ! :)

Thanks for stopping by,


2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card...love how you made it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love, love all the colors on this card & how you used one word as the background. I want to try to make one like this. What an amazing card!

    ReplyDelete