Today's card is featuring the set Crokisses/Kroküsse and the fabulous Thanks Twice die.
I really love, I mean LOVE the set Crokisses/Kroküsse. But I haven't used it yet. With all these beauties popping up that were made with this set I was kind of intimidated to use it. And crocuses are violet - not my favorite color. But Christine suggested to go with pink and I added some yellow and that was my starting point.
- Stamp and heat emboss the flowers in white on watercolor cardstock and color them with watercolors. Fuzzy cut them.
- Die cut thanks from black cardstock.
- Cut a stripe from the card base and adhere a piece of patterned paper (SPOILER ALARM: This is a piece of the patterned paper from the kit Beach Party that will be released next week.)
- Add some dimensional adhesive to the middle of the Thanks die cut. This way you can slide the flowers under the Thanks.
- Assemble the card and add a very narrow stripe of black paper between the white cardstock and the patterned paper.
- Forcoloring the flowers I add plain water to the petals. Then I drop just a tiny bit of pink on one end and a tiny bit of yellow on the other end. That is all I do and let the work do the work. The colors mix up naturally and create an effect I could never achieve with a paintbrush.
- When I assembled the card I tried to arrange the flowers as if they are coming from the upper left corner and flying to the bottom right corner.
- The stripe of patterned paper and of black cardstock add the litlle something to make the card more intresting.
Next Saturday is the release of another FABULOUS Create a Smile Kit you wouldn't want to miss. The last kits sold out in one or two days so be sure to be fast!