Saturday, April 2, 2016

Monster in a Bottle!

Hey stampers! Anni here!
Spring arrived here in Berlin and I hope it has where ever you are, too.
Nevertheless I have a Get Well card for you today! It says something like"Caught a bug?" but in German the saying is more like "Caught something?". That's why the sentiment goes perfectly with the little monster from Monster Party.







I was thinking about other things that would fit into the bottle from the set "Message in a Bottle"/"Flaschenpost". When I went through my stash of Create a Smile stamps this little monster instantly caught my eye! Perfect!




  • Stamp, color and fuzzy cut the bottle and the monster.
  • Die cut the banner shape.
  • Stamp  the background. 
  • Heat emboss the sentiment on a tiny strip of cardstock.
  • Assemble the card.



  • It isn't so easy to color the bottle - well, not for me. But Sandy Allnock made a great video on how to color glass.
  • The banner die isn't as long as it seems on my card. With partial die cutting I created the size I needed for this card.
  • Stamp and heat emboss the background. Stamp the background a second time a tiny bit off with white pigment ink. It is a great subtle effect.


Have you already joined the Facebook group Create a Smile Friends and Family? There is so much fun going on there with chats, challenges, sneaks...



         


1 comment:

  1. I love this one! You did a beautiful job coloring the bottle because it really looks like a real bottle. The little bug who is in the bottle is a really cool color. I love that color! Nice job, girl!

    ReplyDelete